Tiramisu – There’s a reason Macklemore sings about it. And a reason it’s a famous Italian dish. Oh, and the number one ingredient is coffee.
Here’s what you need:
- 2 cups strong black coffee (try not to drink – we need it for the cake)
- 1/2 cup marsala
- 3 eggs, separated (separate the yolk and egg white – if you don’t know how Google it!)
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 250g mascarpone
- 300ml thickened cream, lightly whipped
- 1 large packet of sponge finger biscuits (again try not to eat – they are for the cake)
- Cocoa, for dusting
What next? Cooking time!
1. Pour the delicious coffee and marsala into a shallow dish. Set aside.
2. Beat egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl with electric beaters until thick and the mix looks pale. Next, add the mascarpone and whipped cream, mixing softly until just combined.
3. Beat the egg whites with electric beaters until soft peaks start to form. Next use a large metal spoon, to slowly fold the egg whites into the mascarpone and cream mixture.
4. Dip enough biscuits into the coffee mixture to cover the base of a 20cm square dish. Cover the biscuits with one-third of the mascarpone mixture. Repeat this step two times, building the layers and top it off with cream.
5. Leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours and then dust that delicious tiramisu with cocoa! Serve up and enjoy, you’ve earned it!
Bon Appetite, coffee lovers.
Bean Body x