Mr Bean not only likes to use olive oil in his cooking, he also uses it as a skin care treatment.
One of the favourite natural beauty products of the beauty queen Cleopatra was the Extra Virgin Olive Oil (hereinafter referred to as Olive Oil). Over the last decade, many beauticians are advocating the use of olive oil due to its many beauty benefits, but the fact is that this natural ingredient has been used on the body since centuries. It was commonly used in Egypt as a cosmetic, is still going strong and is being used in cosmetic industry even now.
Olive oil is packed with vitamins, minerals and natural fatty acids. Even, it can be used on sensitive skin. Olive oil is a potent natural ingredient in anti-aging skin care beauty products. Due to its high level antioxidant contents, it prevents skin aging and occurrence of wrinkles and fine lines on the skin. In nutshell it can guard, nourish and rejuvenate your skin.
Olive oil contains vitamins E and A that helps in elongating your youth, hydrating skin and sustaining skin’s elasticity and softness. Moreover, it helps to regenerate skin cells. The list of beauty benefits of olive oil on skin, hair, face, nails and body is very long that makes it a superb natural beauty product for hair, skin, nails and face.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil for Skin Benefits – How to Use Olive Oil For Skin?
Is Olive Oil Good For Skin? The answer is a big yes!! Olive oil’s chemical structure is more close to the skin’s natural oil as compared to that of any other natural oil, making olive oil good for skin.
- Olive Oil Body Lotion: Try olive oil as a body lotion. It’s all natural and wonderfully very effective. Apply it all over your body, while in the shower, right after you use the shower gel. You will feel your skin amazingly soft and smooth. This is another simple way to make your skin look perfect, healthy and tender to touch.
- Olive Oil – A Natural Makeup Remover: It serves dual purpose. While gently removing makeup, it nourishes your skin as well. Just put a dab of olive oil on a cotton ball or pad, and gently wipe out all the makeup from your face. If you want to remove heavy makeup, first massage gently olive oil all over your face, and then wipe away all the makeup with a soft washcloth soaked with warm water. If needed, repeat it a couple of times and make it sure to do it gently – never rub your skin harshly. Rinse your face with warm water followed by a splash with cold water. Cold water will not only close your skin pores, but stimulate the blood circulation as well.
- Olive Oil for Sensitive Skin: It is a very good option for those even having sensitive skin. If you are concerned about the oiliness it leaves behind, that hitch can simply be resolved by washing your face with a face wash of your choice after you have removed makeup with olive oil. This will also make sure that there are no traces of makeup left behind on your face.
Tip: You can use olive oil as a gentle eye makeup remover too. It is so effective that even you can remove waterproof makeup with its help.
- 4. Olive Oil Rejuvenates Skin: The prime reason behind beauty benefits of olive oil is that it is packed with healthy fats and phenolic antioxidant vitamin E accompanied by squalene and oleic acids. They work to get rid of free radicals and repair the damage done because of any skin’s exposure to the sun.
- Olive Oil as Stretch Marks Home Remedy: Olive oil helps in regeneration of skin and increasing elasticity of the skin as well. Massage olive oil over the affected areas at least three times a week to improve the elasticity of the skin and its regenerative abilities, which will help heal the affected skin. This will not only prevent formation of new stretch marks, but will also work to reduce and lighten the existing ones slightly.
- Olive Oil to Prevent Premature Ageing: Olive oil contains hydroxytyrosol and vitamin E that act on the skin to prevent skin cells degeneration, thus olive oil helps in preventing premature ageing. Further, olive oil also has squalene acid that works to increase the elasticity of the skin, thus preventing sagging of the skin and making it firm, young and healthy.
- Olive Oil as Sunscreen: Mix equal amounts of olive oil and tea decoction (tea boiled in water and strained). Apply this mixture all over your body and face. Let it sit there for about an hour, and then rinse it off (don’t wash), so as to leave a residue on your skin. This will work as a natural sunscreen.
Natural Beauty Benefits Of Olive Oil For Skin
(i) It works as an effective natural moisturizer, even on the dry skin.
(ii) You can use olive oil to moisturize even the super dry skin prone areas, such as elbows and knees.
(iii) Olive oil can regenerate skin tissues and therefore you can use it regularly to keep your skin young, firm and free from wrinkles and fine lines.
(iv) You can make a homemade moisturizer by mixing well together equal parts of oil and water in a jar. Massage your skin with this solution and rinse it off with lukewarm water.
(v) Try this olive oil moisturizing mask. Blend together 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and yolk of one egg. Apply on a clean face, leaving it there for 15-20 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water. This will not only moisturize your skin, but will maintain your natural skin tone too.
(vi) Try this olive oil mask to rejuvenate your skin. Make a paste of olive oil and mashed ripe avocados. Apply this mask on to your face for 20-25 minutes, and then rinse it off.
(vii) If you have super dry skin, apply olive oil as a night cream. Apply a small amount of olive oil on your face and let it sit there for overnight. Wake up in the morning with soft and smooth skin.
(viii) Effective blood circulation is necessary for having natural glow on your skin. Massage olive oil on your body to augment the blood circulation to keep your skin moisturized and young.
Benefits Of Olive Oil For Hair – How To Use Extra Virgin Olive Oil For Hair?
Is olive oil good for hair, Yes, just as olive oil acts as an effective moisturizing agent on your skin, it has similar benefits on the hair too. Olive oil works wonders for dry damaged hair that can otherwise cause other hair problems, such as split ends and frizzy hair. To nurture those dry manes give your hair a hot olive oil hair massage. Make it sure that olive oil is not heated too much and too long, as it will lose its benefits.