Mr Bean is a huge fan of Jojoba Oil, in fact he uses it in all his coffee bean body scrubs.
Below are a few reasons on why and how to use it –
The best thing about Jojoba Oil is that it is packed with almost all of the vitamins and minerals essentially needed for healthy hair and skin, namely, vitamin E, B-complex, copper, zinc, selenium, iodine, and chromium. It normally does not have any harmful impact and can be used by even those who are having sensitive skin without worrying for any allergic reaction.
What Is Jojoba Oil?
Jojoba oil is actually not an oil, but a liquid wax. It’s a melted type of vegetable wax and is found in the seeds/nuts of jojoba plant, which is an evergreen woody shrub plant that grows in hot areas, such as desert areas of California, Arizona and Mexico. It’s colourless, odorless and has a number of beauty benefits. It has a very long shelf life, so it can sit on your shower shelf for years!
Is Jojoba Oil Good For Skin, Hair And Face?
The jojoba oil is the only oil that closely resembles human sebum – an oily substance naturally produced by the oil glands below the skin surface, so its uses and benefits to the skin and hair are high. It is a perfect choice for those who want to use natural products for their skin, hair and face care.
Uses for Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil has immense uses for skin, hair and face. It can be used alone or can be combined with other essential oils to make it more effective. This oil is beneficial due to its moisturizing and emollient properties. Its awesome beneficial qualities to manage skin and hair have made it a useful ingredient for hair, beauty and skin care products. Moreover it is anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and non-toxic that again make it useful for hair, face and the whole body.
Benefits of Jojoba Oil For Hair
- Jojoba Oil For Hair: Your hair is usually subject to maltreatment even with the normal styling and heating. Also when you colour your hair, it comes in contact with harsh chemicals that can harm the hair over time. Moreover, the chemicals loaded shampoo, moisturizing hair products, styling solutions and hair sprays also make the hair dry and weak and prone to damage in the long term. So much so, even the simple brushing and blow drying your hair can cause hair breakage and worsening.
To undo the damage caused by such hair processes, you can apply a deep conditioning of hair in a natural way by using organic oils in your hair. Jojoba oil is one of the best oils to deal with dry, damaged hair and other problems, like dandruff, hair loss, etc. Jojoba oil acts as a good organic balancer. It is very useful for all types of hair, but is particularly good for dry, damaged hair, split ends and hair that is prone to tangling and damage. Jojoba oil is non-fatty and its properties are similar to hair serum, so it acts to keep your hair tangles free and well moisturized.
- Jojoba Oil Hair Conditioner: Are you worried about the extremely dry and frizzy hair. Jojoba oil replenishes moisture and works to improve its texture and appearance. It serves the purpose of both hair oil as well as hair conditioner. Massage the oil onto your scalp and hair and the hair ends. Jojoba oil acts as an organic hair conditioner turning your hair into soft and bright texture. It moisturizes the whole of the hair follicle and protects it against any damage. It not only conditions your hair, but protects also it from becoming weak and dull.
- Jojoba Oil for Scalp: Jojoba oil on scalp works to clean the residues of blocked and encrusted sebum leading to reduced hair loss and diminished hair damage. Its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties aid to maintain the scalp clean and healthy. Its bonus property is that it solubilizes messy build up in the hair as well as air borne minute particles. Jojoba oil not only helps in making your hair clean and soft, but its kerato-plastic effect makes the hair bright and elegant.
- Jojoba Oil for Hair Shine: Jojoba oil acts as a natural hair serum that imparts shine and healthy look to your hair. It’s particularly useful for dry hair. You can apply a few drops of the oil to provide moisture to your hair. You can apply it to all over your hair for additional shine, or simply use it to the hair ends. If you hair is damaged by chemicals contained in hair products, harsh conditions of the weather or pollutants from the environment, use jojoba oil to lock in the moisture in the hair shaft, which will provide glow and luster to your hair.
- Jojoba Oil for Hair Growth: Using jojoba oil to stimulate hair growth is an excellent natural home remedy. It’s a known fact that your hair release sebum, a natural oil, to keep your hair hydrated. Sometimes extra sebum is released by the glands that can block the hair follicles. This results into hair damage and hair loss. Quite often the rate of hair growth is also obstructed because of the chocked follicles. Jojoba oil prevents hair loss and hair thinning caused by the blocked hair follicles. Jojoba oil dissolves and opens up these blockades and promotes developments of new hair cells that lead to hair growth.
(i) You can use jojoba oil for regular oil massage or rub the jojoba oil onto your scalp to stimulate blood flow to the scalp and encourage hair growth.
(ii) You can also mix jojoba oil with a few drops of coconut hair oil or olive or almond oil to give your hair a hot oil therapy, before shampooing, to kindle hair follicles to improve hair growth.
- Jojoba Oil for Dry Scalp: Jojoba oil is an excellent natural moisturizer that is readily accepted by the scalp. Dry scalp is quite often wrongly understood as dandruff, creating tight, flaky and itching skin. Jojoba oil works to intensely moisturize scalp penetrating into the pores. This causes a deep-down and lasting hydrating solution managing the pH level of the scalp.
It’s also known to have antibacterial properties that soothes the scalp and can be used to treat dandruff, dry scalp and itching. As it moisturizes your scalp deep-down to the pores, so helps in keeping your hair healthy from the roots.
Benefits of Jojoba Oil For Skin
Jojoba oil has a number of skin benefits too. It is very commonly used organic ingredient in many beauty products, like skin lotions. It is full of various organic and mineral elements that can provide you with naturally groomed and glowing skin. It aids to combat facial lines, skin scarring and fatty tissues.
Jojoba oil lessens irritated skin and promotes natural production of collagen. It protects from sun and prevents premature aging symptoms, such as fine lines and wrinkles.
- Jojoba Oil Moisturizer: You can use jojoba oil head-to-toe as a body or face moisturizer. It can be used as your daily or overnight facial moisturizer. The oil may at the start leave a trivial sheen, but simply blot away residual oil to wipe off extra moisture. It softens dry and irritating spots and restores the skin to a balanced condition. It has anti-inflammatory properties that help in reducing inflammation caused by skin dryness.
Use 4-6 drops on your skin as a daytime moisturizer, and a little more for an overnight hydrating jojoba oil skin mask. You can use it as a lip balm as well.
- Jojoba Oil Face Cleanser: Jojoba oil for face cleansing is an effective way to be used as make-up remover and a facial cleaner. Soak a cotton pad in jojoba oil and apply it all over your face, and then remove the oil deposits from your face with damp cotton. This way you can remove all residues of makeup and all the impurities immediately. .
Jojoba oil can also be used in removing eye makeup, foundation, powders, eye shadow, liquid liner, mascara, etc. It does not have any adverse effect on eyes, but as the eye area is very delicate you will need to use it with enough care and not rub it hard. Dip a cotton ball in the oil and use it on the eye lashes.
- Jojoba Oil Acne: Jojoba oil has anti-microbial properties and contains iodine that prevent harmful bacteria growth, which otherwise causes pimples, blackheads, and acne breakouts.
Blocked pores quite often lead to acne and pimple formations, which are common problem with teenagers. Many of the beauty products that claim to treat acne have animal fat, which can make the problem worse. Jojoba oil is non-greasy and has capabilities to kill bacteria, so it works as an effective natural remedy for acne.
- Jojoba Oil for Wrinkles: Jojoba oil not only firm-up and keep your skin hydrated, but also useful in lessening the appearance of skin wrinkles. It is packed with vitamin E, which is effective in getting rid of free radicals that are responsible for aging of skin. Regular use of jojoba oil also reduces the fine lines. The powerful antioxidants contained in the jojoba oil help in regenerating the skin cells.
- Jojoba Body Oil: Jojoba oil is not only good for face, but can be used over the body instead of your regular body moisturizer. You can apply a few drops right after a bath or shower, while skin is still wet. It locks in the moisture, keeping your skin soft and smooth. This will also help in lessening the winter itch and reign in the chapped skin, as the anti-inflammatory properties of the oil will decrease the dryness and skin irritation.
Alternatively, you can apply across the body before bathing. You can massage your body to stimulate blood circulation, which will provide you with radiant skin.
It’s pleasant aroma and non-greasy texture will provide you with a soothing feeling.