‘Life hacks’ are cool. Making a cake, in your mug, in 45 seconds? Even cooler. Better yet, this cake, ahem, ‘coffee cake’ is usually paired with a delicious cup of coffee. Coffee cake is sweet and flavoured with cinnamon. Better yet, you can make a single portion in under a minute. It’s truly magical if you ask me. I will stop blabbing because we all know we are here for one thing – to find out how to make this bad boy!
What you need
- Mug (sprayed with non-stick cooking spray)
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (also known as joy)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (gluten-free alternatives – almond flour)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon non-fat milk or almond milk
- Dash of vanilla
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Spray your mug with non-stick cooking spray. Add sugar, salt, flour, baking powder, milk, oil, and vanilla and stir until mixed aka no chunky bits. Speaking from experience, they won’t taste good later! Sprinkle the top with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Microwave for 45 seconds
- Enjoy with a warm cup of coffee!
Bean loves coffee. Bean loves you. Bean loves cake.